[Ncame-students] Projects Using Aluminum

Arash Soltani Tehrani azs0181 at auburn.edu
Thu Oct 22 10:09:21 CDT 2020

Hi Michael

There are some AlSi10Mg powder loaded in Renishaw. I think it should be around 30 kg. Not sure exactly how much was inside from beginning. However, we had couple of print which I dont think it used more than 5 kg of powder as the density is very low.

We had two small bell crank print. And I had two lattice print which were small.

Dr Tsolas’s student also used the machine couple of times however in total it should be around 10 kg of powder used for all of these prints.

They also purchased some AlSi10Mg which is new and stored in cabinets. I have sent the information to Shaharyar before however if you need I can send the purchase order again.

Very Respectfully,

Arash Soltani-Tehrani
Ph.D. Student | Auburn University
AM Laboratory Coordinator | Nat’l Cent. for Additive Mfg. Excellence (NCAME)
Senator | Graduate Student Council (GSC) | Auburn University
Phone: (334) 497-2159
Email: azs0181 at auburn.edu |