[Ncame-students] SSD Upgrade

Arash Soltani Tehrani azs0181 at auburn.edu
Tue Jul 28 10:53:47 CDT 2020

Dear all,

Dr. Shamsaei purchased SSD hard drives for us.

Please stop by my desk, and I will give you an SSD. Please schedule a time with IT in order to upgrade your computers before you head there. You will have two options, cloning your current windows which is easier for them as they only transfer your windows from HDD to SSD.

The other option is to install windows from scratch and in that case, you will need to back up your files as everything will be formatted.

There are also three PCs that Dr. Shamsaei purchased for new postdocs. Please every person takes one with him as well to IT and asks them to put them on the AU network and please make sure to specify that Dr. Shamsaei should be the Admin on all the new PCs that are purchased.

Please when the new PCs are done, bring it back to the 3rd floor.

  *   Pooriya: 1 SSD (for you) + 1 New PC
  *   Muztahid: 1 SSD (for you) + 1 new PC
  *   John: 1 SSD (for you) + 1 SSD (For Rakish's PC)
  *   Shaharyar: 1 SSD (for you) + 1 SSD (the PC that Mitchel is using)
  *   Patricio: 1 SSD (for you)
  *   Arun: 1 SSD (Please coordinate with Dr. Reza to take his PC)
  *   Nabeel: 1 new PC

Very Respectfully,
Arash