[Ncame-students] CO2 shortages

Arash Soltani Tehrani azs0181 at auburn.edu
Wed Dec 9 13:41:48 CST 2020

Dr. Shamsaei,

I believe we will not need any CO2.

Thanks,
Arash

From: Ncame-students <ncame-students-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu> On Behalf Of Nima Shamsaei
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 1:39 PM
To: ncame-students at eng.auburn.edu
Cc: Michael Knotts <mjk0017 at auburn.edu>
Subject: [Ncame-students] FW: CO2 shortages

Any use we have?

From: Jeff Suhling <jsuhling at auburn.edu<mailto:jsuhling at auburn.edu>>
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 1:38 PM
Subject: FW: CO2 shortages

ME Faculty:

Please note that there are expected shortages of CO2 gases in the foreseeable future.

Thanks,
Jeff

From: Timothy Moore <tmm0047 at auburn.edu<mailto:tmm0047 at auburn.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at 8:49 AM
To: Frank Bartol <bartoff at auburn.edu<mailto:bartoff at auburn.edu>>, Henry Fadamiro <fadamhy at auburn.edu<mailto:fadamhy at auburn.edu>>, Steven Taylor <taylost at auburn.edu<mailto:taylost at auburn.edu>>, Edward Thomas <etjr at auburn.edu<mailto:etjr at auburn.edu>>, James Weyhenmeyer <jweyhenmeyer at auburn.edu<mailto:jweyhenmeyer at auburn.edu>>
Subject: CO2 shortages

Due to increased demand for dry ice production related to COVID 19 vaccine storage and transportation requirements, there will be bone dry CO2 shortages from our local providers (Airgas, nexAir). Of course, this affects cell culture work for our labs in particular because we do not have central supply infrastructure and have to use small tanks.

As an FYI, our Pharmaceutical Sciences Ops. Mgr. may be reaching out to some contacts within your schools/colleges to see if there are any sources available here to borrow around if needed. We seem to be ahead of the issue right now and Airgas projects availability (very, limited) in a few days, but just another example of the ripple effect of the pandemic. With the university break pending, this is the time we try to “stock-up” on things like this.
Tim