[K4RY] emergency communications

John Hung hungjoh at auburn.edu
Mon Apr 20 13:51:32 CDT 2020

Hey K4RY,

Thought you would be interested in a friend’s message about the situation near Troy, AL, after last night’s storms passed through.

Sincerely,

John Hung
KI4NHX

Begin forwarded message:

Thanks guys. Got the generator fired up for the essentials.  Power company says about 60% of system is down so might be a while.  Got them about 2 days of fuel and filled tubs for emergency water since all the wells for the county are without power. Phone lines are down too. But cell towers appear to be up. I hope to be home later tonight. But prayers are appreciated as my dad can not get out easily so it is rough right now.