[K4RY] Meeting Minutes/Club Updates

SueAnne Griffith sng0005 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Tue Oct 18 20:04:18 CDT 2016

As promised, here are tonight's meeting minutes/club updates/event calendar:

  *   October 20 and 21 from 8:00-15:00 at Sanford Middle School - STEM Days.  We've been invited to talk about electronics and demo radios for 5th-8th graders in a classroom setting. (Please email me ASAP if you can make it to this even part of the time)
  *   October 21 at 13:00 in Shelby 1120 - Ginn Lecture Series speaker Andrew Seybold will be speaking on "The New Stewards of the Radio Spectrum".
  *   October 25 at 17:15 in Broun 235 - regularly scheduled meeting, where we'll be building directional antennas for use in the upcoming foxhunt! (Foxhunt date TBA)
  *   November 7 at 17:15 in Broun 235 - technician license class/crash course.  We'll cover the basics of getting a technician license and do testing.  Study on hamstudy.org and come with questions! (Note that this is a Monday, not a Tuesday)
  *   November 17 at Auburn Junior High, time TBA - we've been invited to help the department present on electronics at a career-fair style E-Day for middle schoolers.

73,

SueAnne (KK4UWV)

AUARC President