[K4RY] Surprise activation this afternoon...

Mike Watkins watkijm at auburn.edu
Fri Oct 14 08:55:22 CDT 2016

Greetings to all amateur radio operators in Lee County,

Per the wishes of the new Section EC, we will have an ARES NET activation this afternoon from 1400CT to 1600CT.

Please check in from wherever you are on the 147.150 SKYWARN repeater during that time. You may be asked questions
like do you have commercial power available, are the roads passable, and what is the strength of your repeater
signal at your location.  The 147.060 repeater will be used as a backup and for stations to talk direct.  Any station on
campus should use the 147.240 repeater to talk direct during this exercise.

I hope to see you on the air this afternoon.  Like the real thing, this is a no-notice drill.

Respectfully,
Mike Watkins
WX4AL
Lee County EC