[K4RY] Meeting Tonight, and More!

SueAnne Griffith sng0005 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Mon Apr 11 09:20:26 CDT 2016

Good morning, K4RY!

Firstly, a huge thanks is in order to those who helped out with the W4E special event station this weekend.  We had a great time out on Samford Lawn, even if the band conditions weren't great.  Special thanks to Dr. Schneller, K4JOP, for his work with us in organizing the event, and to Dr. Yaeger, K4IQJ, for his advice and the use of his antenna.

We'll have a guest speaker at tonight's meeting: Auburn's own Dr. Roppel!  The meeting will start at 17:30 in Broun 235.

This Sunday, April 17th, is the ARRL's Rookie Roundup, SSB edition.  Anyone is welcome to get on the air and participate, but the contest portion is open only to "rookies" who received their license in 2014-2016.  If you're a "rookie" and want to participate, feel free to use the club station!

We've been invited to present at Dr. Wentworth's ELEC 3030 class (RF Lab) next Monday afternoon (the 18th).  If you're available that day at 14:00 and enjoy talking radio in front of groups, let me know!

Again:

Meeting - tonight at 17:30

Rookie Roundup - April 17 from 13:00 to 18:59

ELEC 3030 Presentation - April 18 from 14:00 to 15:00

73,

SueAnne (KK4UWV)

AUARC Vice President