[K4RY] Busy Radio Week

SueAnne Griffith sng0005 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Sat Sep 19 13:52:16 CDT 2015

All,

This is the week we'll be out on the concourse with Auburn University's Public Safety Department with information about emergency preparedness and amateur radio's role in communications.  We'll be at one or two tables, banner proudly displayed, from 10:00 to 14:00 on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  If you're available to help with setup, meet in Broun 411 at 9:30 those mornings to help carry equipment and signage out.  As for volunteering to sit at the table, the more the merrier, even if it's just for an hour.

Because we'll be doing so much during the day this week, we won't have an actual meeting.  However, we have a few people, including some Auburn faculty, who have requested to take the licensing exam.  If you're a VE who wants to help, or if you want to take a licensing test, we'll be administering the exam at 17:30 in Broun 235 on Tuesday the 22nd in lieu of a meeting.

For anyone who isn't ready yet to take the test, don't worry! We'll have a few study/teaching sessions in the coming weeks to prepare you for the technician test.  If you're interested in helping us teach, we're meeting Monday at 18:00 at The Bean, a coffee shop in town (175 S Gay Street, across from the Burger King), to discuss lesson plans.  John Melcher has graciously offered us the use of his ARRL teaching materials.  Information on the actual sessions will be available soon!

Last but not least, thank you again to this past week's guest speaker, Kyle Owen, and his many antique radios.  For those who missed out, the presentation was interesting and shocking (bad electrical engineering pun).

73,

SueAnne (KK4UWV)

AUARC Vice President