[K4RY] Did the antenna rotor get examined?

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 16:08:53 CDT 2015

As I mentioned in my earlier email with the pictures, I completely agree
that stainless steel U bolts and other fasteners should replace what is now
in place, as well as replacing the boom to mast plate.  I would also
replace anything that is rusted.

Mosley likely has replacements for all of this, since the beam is still
manufactured, and most hams now demand stainless steel fasteners.  The boom
to mast plate will be thick aluminum plate. If they do not have SS
fasteners available, ask them for all the sizes needed.

Opelika Bolt and Nut will either have the SS fasteners, or be able to order
them for you.  McMaster.com also works if you are not a brick and mortar
type of person.  Beware, though, that I just looked for a bunch of U bolts
at McMaster and they did not have anything close enough to use, which
surprised me.  I'm redrilling some antenna booms because of that.

Please remember SS lockwashers, too.  This is a vibration environment.  SS
locknuts (flex-lock, *not Nylon insert*) also work well.

73

John...
WB4LNM