[K4RY] Thank you to those who particpated in the annual SET

Mike Watkins watkijm at auburn.edu
Fri Nov 20 09:39:02 CST 2015

Yes..there was a tornado watch from 1pm to 4pm and that was also the exact time frame of the Simulated
Emergency Test.  While we were never under any warning, and we would have cancelled the drill had a warning been
issued by any Agency, it was a very good live scenario training for hams to go through to get the feel for
the process without being in any danger. Rather than cancel the test, I decided to go forward to give hams
a chance to operate under real world conditions in a safe manner to get the feel of how operations were conducted in
the real thing. All three these young AUARC hams can now say they have had training in operations during
a live significant weather event to include deployment, weather   reporting, and net operations during
a storm.  I was at the Lee County EMA during the event and the weather was watched carefully by the EMA
staff and the National Weather Service. No warnings were expected to be given, just heavy rain and the potential
for some highly localized  street flooding.

Well done to all!

Respectfully,
Mike
WX4AL