[K4RY] Radio This Week

SueAnne Griffith sng0005 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Mon Nov 9 10:06:36 CST 2015

Good morning everyone!

Tonight we'll be holding the second of our three Technician License Classes in Broun 235 from 18:00 until approximately 19:45.  If you've not gotten your license yet, or if you just want a refresher, stop by!  Melcher, Chris, Kyle, Chase, and myself will be there teaching.  We had a great turnout last week: nineteen people!

Then tomorrow (Tuesday) at 18:00 we'll have our regular weekly meeting in Broun 235.  (We use that room so much that they ought to just name it after the club...)  Melcher, N8JUC, will be talking on the basics of APRS, the Automatic Packet Reporting System.  This will be a great intro to APRS for those who haven't used radio packets but are curious what they are or want to get started in it, as well as for new hams who have absolutely no idea what APRS is!

For the AU students: this is the week of the turkey suit fundraiser in Broun lobby, put on by HKN, the electrical engineering honors fraternity.  Use pocket change to donate to the local Boys and Girls Club in the name of various professors, and the professor with the most "votes" at the end of the week will dress up in a full turkey costume for a full day.  I mention this because Dr. Hung (or club adviser), Dr. Roppel (one of our newest licensed hams), and Dr. Wentworth (a huge supporter of the club) are all in the running to dress as a turkey this year!  Don't save your quarters for when you need to use a pay phone; donate them instead!

Lastly, let me know if you're available next Monday from 14:00 to 14:50.  Dr. Wentworth has invited us to do our recruitment/educational spiel in his ELEC 3030 class on that date, and all volunteer presenters are more than welcome!

73,

SueAnne (KK4UWV)

AUARC Vice President