[K4RY] MBU 2015 Recap

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Sun Mar 8 12:05:09 CDT 2015

Congrats to all for a fine job done!

73

John...
WB4LNM

-----Original Message-----
From: SueAnne Griffith <sng0005 at tigermail.auburn.edu>
To: Auburn University Amateur Radio Club <k4ry at mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
Sent: Sun, Mar 8, 2015 10:56 am
Subject: [K4RY] MBU 2015 Recap

Good morning, radio club!

First of all, I want to give a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped out with the success of Merit Badge University yesterday. All twelve scouts in our group successfully completed their Radio Merit Badge requirements, including holding their first on-air conversations.  The scouts were full of questions, and a number of them expressed interest in getting ham licenses.  It was a great and fun day all around, and we couldn't have done it without our fantastic volunteers!  Attached is the end of the day photo; from left to right: KO4LA (Chase), KM4FJO (Ben H.), KD2BRP (Chris), KK4UWV (me), and KI4NHX (Dr. Hung).

We will hold our next meeting this Thursday in Broun 235 at 18:00.

Also, if you haven't already, don't forget to "Spring forward" on your clocks for daylight savings time!  The net tonight is on 2m, because today's date is an even number, and it begins with early check-ins starting at 20:45.  The net will run until at least 21:00.

73,

SueAnne (KK4UWV)

AUARC Vice President

K4RY mailing