[K4RY] Updates, Meeting Times, and More

SueAnne Griffith sng0005 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Sun Aug 30 17:40:31 CDT 2015

The results are in from the meeting time poll, and we have a winner!  AUARC meetings will be held Tuesdays at 18:00 this semester.  Six people responded, and all six cited that time and date as amenable!  Therefore, I'll see you all this Tuesday, September 1st, in Broun 235 to discuss our next big activity: National Preparedness Month (aka September).  I'm working on lining up some guest speakers to talk about ARES, go-kits, and the like, so if you or someone you know has lots of info to offer the club, chime in! We'd love to have you share your knowledge on this or any other radio-related subject.

Also, John (N8JUC) beat me to the punch today with his email asking if the weekly nets were starting back.  Yes, they are!  We'll be using the same format as last semester; odd numbered Sunday dates are on the 70cm repeater (444.800 MHz + pl 156.7 Hz) and even numbered dates will be on the 2m repeater (147.240 MHz + pl 156.7 Hz).  Today is the 30th, and 30 is even, so we're on the 2m tonight.  Regardless of the repeater, nets officially start at 21:00, with early check-ins beginning at 20:45.  Don't worry too much about remembering which is when, though; we'll include net reminders in the weekly emails along with meeting minutes.  Also, information about our repeaters and other local nets can be found on our website: https://wiki.eng.auburn.edu/k4ry/doku.php?id=nets.

73,
SueAnne (KK4UWV)
AUARC Vice President