[K4RY] Upcoming Events

SueAnne Griffith sng0005 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Wed Apr 1 17:26:51 CDT 2015

Good afternoon radio club,

We'll be meeting tomorrow in Broun 235 at 18:00 to discuss club events for the second half of the semester, including a miniature field day event before school lets out, since many of you will be out of town over the summer when the ARRL Field Day takes place. Also, Dr. Wentworth has invited us to speak to his radio lab class on Monday, April 13th, at 14:00; we'll have to prepare a few short demonstrations while keeping in mind that the class takes place deep in the Broun Hall basement and that signal has not been great there in the past.

Speaking of Dr. Wentworth, he was elected by the student body to present Auburn's 2015 Final Lecture on April 7th at 18:30 in the Foy Ballroom.  The topic will be "Electromagnetics and Life: A Strained Analogy". The event is free and pizza is provided, but more importantly, you'll get to learn while supporting a great electrical engineering professor!

One last (important) thing to add to your calendar: John Klingelhoeffer (WB4LNM) has kindly volunteered to be our guest presenter at our April 16th meeting in Broun 235 at 18:00 to tell us all about AMSAT. To give you a hint as to what to expect, AMSAT combines two awesome things: amateur radio and space!

Hope to see you soon!
73,
SueAnne (KK4UWV)
AUARC Vice President