[K4RY] Mission Assignments and Such

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 13:40:27 CDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Zebediah Whitehead <whitezw at auburn.edu>
wrote:

>  I have the fox hunt setup.
>
> I also have two 2m/70cm handheld units.
>

> Based on discussions with Zenda, I think that we may have too much for one
> booth/event.  The way she explained it to me was that the children will
> have to go to each station at the event and once they complete the
> objective(s) at each station we give them a sticker to put on their
> passport book.  So, we need to have a preset course of events for our
> station and must be quick and easy for the 4-5th graders to understand
> and participate.
>
> So,  what are we going to do to par our table down to simple/fun?

If it needs to be something simple and fun, I don't think I'm going to
bring the PDP-8. Teaching octal to 4th or 5th graders takes longer than a
few minutes. I'm at a loss at how effective the foxhunt will be given the
amount of time. It seems as though we may should focus our efforts on
having a GOTA station, of which I don't really have too much experience
with (other than this:
http://photos.al.com/birmingham-news/2009/06/amateur_radio_8.html ).

73,

Kyle