[K4RY] Contest Call Sign Usage

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 16:11:05 CDT 2014

According to Part 97 (97.119 e), "When the operator license class held by
the control operator exceeds that of the station licensee, an indicator
consisting of the call sign assigned to the control operator's station must
be included after the call sign."

As you are all on the air, if you are operating the station under
higher-than-Technician privileges, you will need to indicate your personal
call sign following K4RY, such as "This is K4RY, operated by W4GNU."

Thanks to John K., WB4LNM, for clarifying this.

One call sign can be confusing enough for some listeners, so I would
recommend slowing it down a bit and using the phonetic alphabet.

I unfortunately won't be able to make it to the meeting tonight as the
group I tutor wanted to move their study session to 19:00 where they would
have the least number of conflicts. I may try to get up there around 18:00
to operate, if someone wants to join me.

How late are people planning on staying tonight?

73,

Kyle
W4GNU