[K4RY] Repeaters in the Decatur Area

Christopher Hathcock cwh0009 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Fri Oct 3 20:15:04 CDT 2014

If anyone wants to try getting on a reapeater at the Atlanta Maker Faire tomorrow, here is a short list of some local repeaters in the area. I don't know how well you'll be able to reach them, especially in an urban area. The Atlanta Radio Club's antenna is on top of the Bank of America tower, the Alford Memorial Radio Club's antenna is 110 feet up a tower on top of Stone Mountain.

Atlanta Radio Club (W4DOC)
146.820 (-) Offset (IRLP Node 4550 if you want to use Echolink on your phone)

Georgia Tech (W4AQL)
145.150 (-) Offset PL 167.9

Alford Memorial Radio Club (W4BOC)
146.760 (-) Offset PL 107.2

Getting on a repeater in Decatur may be difficult, so we can just agree on a simplex frequency if you guys want. I'd say 146.48 would probably be a good frequency. It's in the middle of the area the ARRL's proposed bandplan sets aside for 2m simplex operation.

Chris Hathcock (KD2BRP)