[K4RY] FW: ELEC 3030 guest lecture?

Kyle Owen kvo0001 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Mon Mar 24 20:49:11 CDT 2014

Hi all,

Dr. Wentworth said we can take the 4/14 spot. Please find his suggestions below. I propose we come up with a list of demonstrations and the approximate time each will take. Here's what I think we can do this next time, in no particular order (let's discuss this below):

Powerpoint (Chris, though perhaps we can distribute slides next time?)

Single-tube AM transmitter (Kyle)

LED transceiver (Derek)

Laser transceiver (Chris and SueAnne)

PDP-8 music (Kyle)

Repeater demo (Chris and SueAnne)

RTLSDR demo (Chris)

Nixie clocks (Derek and Kyle)

Please report below if you think of anything else we can do. I think with our discussion here, plus a brief meeting beforehand, we'll be better prepared than last time.

73,

Kyle