[K4RY] Meeting Update

SueAnne Griffith sng0005 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Tue Feb 25 22:10:13 CST 2014

In case you missed it, here's what happened at tonight's AUARC meeting:

1. Merit Badge University (MBU) is this Saturday.  So far, fourteen Boy Scouts have signed up to take the radio class!  If you're a volunteer, meet at the Haley center by 7:30 that morning.

2. Chris made a fill-in-the-blanks worksheet for the MBU that outlines what all we'll be going over.  It'll help us keep track of what all info needs to be covered while we teach.  The sheet is on Google Docs; email me if you want that shared with you.

3. One of the badge requirements is for the scout to have a ten minute conversation on the radio; Keith Warren (AK4KO) has offered to stay on the repeater and talk with the scouts.  Big thank you to him!

4. Recommended study guide for the general test: "No-Nonsense General Class License Study Guide" by Dan Romanchik KB6NU.  It's pretty cool, and there's a good but quick review of everything on the test.  Also, qrz.com/hamtest has practice tests.

5.  If you're interested in taking a license upgrade test soon, let me know if next Monday works for you.

?

SueAnne (KK4UWV)

AUARC Vice Presiden