[K4RY] O-Day Information

Christopher Hathcock cwh0009 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Mon Jun 10 14:56:46 CDT 2013

The Center for Student Organizations just sent out information regarding O-Day.

Tables are available for the first three days of the semester and then every Wednesday until Thanksgiving break. They're open from 10AM to 2PM. We need at least one person staffing it all the time but more would be nice. There is no electricity provided at tables so everything needs to be battery powered. If we really need it we can setup some car batteries and inverters but radios should run fine off battery power. We're allowed to have sound at our table but depending on how loud it is we may need an amplified sound permit. I doubt they actually measure or have a standard for how loud you can be, but after we come up with a display I'll check with the university and get a permit if we need one. Since we'll probably have electronics on display we will probably also want to borrow and set up a tent as well in case it rains.

If you'd like to volunteer to sit at a table you can reply to the mailing list or send me an email at cwh0009 at auburn.edu<mailto:cwh0009 at auburn.edu> and let me know what times you can sit at the table. I'll compile it all together and we'll figure out who can volunteer when. You can view the up-to-date list of volunteers here: http://bit.ly/14sOorZ. If there is any red space on the chart we won't be able run a table on that day.

We also need to design some kind of display. If you've got an idea for a display let me know. We probably have enough radios and electronics to do pretty much any demonstration or experiment you can think of. I'm also in town all summer and I've got plenty of time to put together a poster, flyers, etc, so don't hesitate to suggest anything.

Here is a list of fall o-day dates:
______________________________
August 21-23, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM (Welcome Week)
August 28, 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
September 4, 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
September 11, 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
September 18, 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM