[K4RY] Food for Nightly Meetings

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:01:04 CST 2013

Hi all,

I got to looking at the catering options as supplied by the university.
Unless I'm really missing something, dinner costs $20 and up per
person/plate and the minimum order seems to be 25 people. That's much more
expensive than I had envisioned, and the minimum order also throws a wrench
into the works for us. I'm sure the club can help subsidize the cost of
food, but not for too long at those prices.

I also know (even on a first hand account!) that the student center takes
their "no outside food" rule quite seriously. I would suggest ordering
pizza and salad for our first meeting, but not if it means we can't eat it
in the SC.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I've already made room
reservations, but I can cancel them if need be. Maybe trying to get into
the Broun conference room around 6:00pm instead would be better? We could
certainly bring outside food in at that point.

Ideas, comments?

Kyle