[K4RY] AUARC: New repeater on the air in town

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 09:31:41 CDT 2012

For those members who have 222 MHz capability, there is a new repeater on north of Auburn in Waverly that has a very good coverage signal.  It is on 224.840 MHz with the standard negative offset and no tone.  It is linked 24/7 to the 224.88 MHz repeater near Wetumpka providing coverage all the way into Montgomery.  It is also linked to a 444 MHz repeater in the Wetumpka area.  The 222 MHz repeaters are operated by W4KEN.  The repeater is located on the WELL-FM tower which is on Gold Hill / Ensminger Roads off of AL147 north of US280.

Another 2 meter repeater is planned to soon be installed on the same tower and should provide good coverage on campus, although I'm not sure if hand-helds on campus will be strong enough to access it.  We will have to wait and see.  Mobiles and fixed stations should not be a problem.  This location is about six miles north of campus.  I do not currently know the frequency that will be used.  The 2M repeater is being implemented by AUARC's Lee, KE4COL.

73

John...
WB4LNM