[K4RY] 2012 Simulated Emergency Test September 29th

Mike Watkins WATKIJM at auburn.edu
Thu Sep 20 14:06:05 CDT 2012

Greetings Everyone,

It would be wonderful if we could get members of the AUARC to contribute
to the county effort. You could stay right here on campus and use the
147.240 K4RY repeater. If just four of you hold a net and pass some
light traffic, that will be a significant contribution to the total Points for
the County. If you can get four volunteers for Saturday morning, I will
give you the details and information on how easy it is to contribute nearly
50 points in just a few hours from the AU Campus.

Below is an email that sent out to the rest of the Amateurs in Lee
County but none are assigned to the AU Campus for the exercise.

I was wondering how many of you would be available.

Respectfully,
Mike
WX4AL
Lee County ARES EC

To the Amateur Radio Community in Lee County:

As many of you know, Lee County will be holding its 2012 Simulated
Emergency Test (SET) on September 29th, 2012 from 0800 to 1200 CT.
Lee County has the amateur radio operators and capabilities to reach a
score of 600 points if we can get enough hams to volunteer for a
4 hour exercise on Sept. 29th, 2012. Come join the fun and effort to
make Lee County Amateur Radio Operators one of the best in the State!

Here are the slots that I need volunteers:

FIELD:  EMCOMM Mobile Teams - 18 Operators

EMCOMM Mobile Team 1    ETS Ambulance Station on Pumphrey Ave
Two Operator Team  _________________    _________________

EMCOMM Mobile Team 2 East Alabama Medical Center, Pepperell Pkwy, Opelika
Two Operator Team  _________________    _________________

EMCOMM Mobile Team 3    Beauregard VFD across from Beauregard High School
Two Operator Team  _________________    _________________

EMCOMM Mobile Team 4    Salem VFD  US280 @ Lee Road 175
Two Operator Team  _________________    _________________

EMCOMM Mobile Team 5    Farmville VFD US280 @ Hwy 147 (The Bottle)
Two Operator Team  _________________    _________________

EMCOMM Mobile Team 6    Beulah VFD  Lee Road 270 @  Lee Road 372
Two Operator Team  _________________    _________________

EMCOMM Mobile Team 7    Smiths Station VFD US280 at Lee Road 430
Two Operator Team  _________________    _________________

EMCOMM Mobile Team 8    Ladonia VFD  Highway 80, Ladonia
Two Operator Team  _________________    _________________

EMCOMM Mobile Team 9    Southwest VFD  Wire Road at Cox Road, Auburn
Two Operator Team  _________________    _________________

NET CONTROL STATIONS for Four different Nets. (Can easily be done at
home)  12 Operators

EMCOMM NET  0900-1200  147.150+ mhz (123.0)  WX4LEE  Repeater  (EP)
Net Control 0900-1000 _____________ 1000-1100 ____________  1100-1200
_____________

SHELTER NET   0900-1200  147.120+ mhz  W4LEE  Repeater (EP)
Net Control 0900-1000 _____________ 1000-1100 ____________  1100-1200
_____________

LOGISTICS NET   0900-1200  147.060+ mhz (123.0)  KA4Y  Repeater  (EP)
Net Control 0900-1000 _____________ 1000-1100 ____________  1100-1200
_____________

NTS LIAISON NET 0900-1200 147.375+ mhz (123.0)  WX4LEE Repeater (EP)
NTS Liaison 0900-1000 ____________ 1000-1100 ____________  1100-1200

TOTAL HAMS NEEDED: 30

Please volunteer for a slot and help put Lee County Amateur Radio in
the top 3 Counties in
the State. We need YOU!

Respectfully,
Mike