[K4RY] Direction Finder

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Sat Sep 15 18:38:20 CDT 2012

Nicely done!

Allow me to make a suggestion based on experience:  It is *extremely* difficult for the human ear to hear a 'peak' or a 'null' in an audio tone's amplitude.  Two possible extensions to your project to overcome this:

The first is to take the audio output of the HT from the earphone jack, run it through a precision rectifier (op amp with diodes in the feedback loop) and then drive an analog meter movement with the filtered DC output.

Or, use the same precision rectifier to drive a voltage to frequency converter, so the output is a varying frequency audio tone rather than a varying amplitude (sort of like a theremin!).  Either should provide a better (and faster) null or peak indication than the ear.

73

John...