[K4RY] AUARC: Equipment eval: Alinco DR-110

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Sat Nov 10 16:02:22 CST 2012

Dr. H and Kyle;

I've finally had a chance to get back to the Alinco DR-110 to check its operation.  For whatever reason, it's 'toast', and no longer usable.  Could have been lightning or just a power surge, but it is no longer operational.

Can I just toss it as is?  I'd hate to have to put it back together just to throw it away.  It is an early 1990's radio, so it's about 20 years old at this point.  I know I replaced the front panel lights and lithium backup cell on it several years ago, so I think it had a good life.

Please advise.  Thanks.

73

John...
WB4LNM