[K4RY] more testing this morning..

Mike Watkins WATKIJM at auburn.edu
Sat Mar 10 09:28:57 CST 2012

Greetings,

I moved my 4-element APRS Yagi around to the East and pointed directly at
the W4LEE-1 Digipeater 10 miles away in the central part of Lee County.
K4RY is beaconing its location and I-gate status on a regular basis.

I beaconed (F9) and this was the result on http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=WX4AL-1

Position of WX4AL-1 --- 5.9 miles southwest of Auburn, AL --- Report received 9 seconds ago
Raw packet: WX4AL-1>APU25N,qAR,K4RY:=3232.69N/08532.78W-www.alabama-ares.org {UIV32N}

About 2 minutes later, I forced another beacon:
Position of WX4AL-1 --- 5.9 miles southwest of Auburn, AL --- Report received 20 seconds ago
Raw packet: WX4AL-1>APU25N,qAR,K4RY:=3232.69N/08532.78W-www.alabama-ares.org {UIV32N}

And one more forced beacon about 1 minute later:
Position of WX4AL-1 --- 5.9 miles southwest of Auburn, AL --- Report received 6 seconds ago
Raw packet: WX4AL-1>APU25N,qAR,K4RY:=3232.69N/08532.78W-www.alabama-ares.org {UIV32N}

I think this is a good proof of performance for the K4RY  I-Gate. I will just keep an eye on it from
here on out. Good Job guys!

Respectfully,
Mike
WX4AL