[K4RY] APRS Station update..

John Hung HUNGJOH at auburn.edu
Fri Mar 9 15:07:41 CST 2012

The program UI-View32 was running under a "limited" account in Windows.  The account was changed to have "administrator" privileges, and it seems the problems have gone away.  As it was explained to me, the program probably needed to open/create/write log files, but was inhibited by running under a "limited" account.  Prior to this, the program was running under my university "login", so the issues of privileges never came up.  When the computer was changed to a different network a couple months back, the new default setup was a "limited" account. I'm not an operating system guru, so you're getting the layman's understanding of the issue.

John Hung