[K4RY] IGate Problems

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.us
Fri Aug 31 18:39:25 CDT 2012

On Fri, 31 Aug 2012, Kyle Owen wrote:
> I just checked aprs.fi again, and although we are still connected to
> the APRS server, we don't seem to be hearing anything. I may get up
> there this weekend and play with it some more. Any ideas what I should
> look for, besides the usual coax connections and radio settings? I'm
> thinking it is likely software, but I won't be able to tell until I
> look at it in person.

I played with aprsd briefly, but I was unable to get packets into the
APRS-IS network. But I also had TNC issues too: an outrageous "tilt"
between the low tone (1200 Hz) and the high tone (2200 Hz).

Is the iGate down there Linux based or transmit capable?

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
Disinformation Analyst