[K4RY] AUARC meeting today at 3:15 PM; Union 3163

wb4lnm at aol.com wb4lnm at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 08:45:08 CST 2011

Good morning.  A reminder that our Club meets this afternoon at 3:15.  Location:  Student Union 3163 "Board room".

Please pass the word, especially to the new AHAB hams.  I hear AHAB may have a launch this weekend(?)

I am going to *try* and have our W1E QSL cards ready to fill out, and will bring the logs.

K4RY only made a few contacts last week for the SCR.  The scoring is finally out for last Octobers event.  Note that the numbers shown are 'points' and NOT 'contacts'.  Point scores are generated by a formula of contacts times number of states plus other factors.  I've put the university entities in [brackets]:

W6RFU SCHOOL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY 135,054   [UC Santa Barbara]
WD5AGO SCHOOL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY 36,668  [U Oklahoma]
K5LSU SCHOOL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY 25,740  [LSU]
K4PCC SCHOOL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY 20,972  [Pitt CC]
N6CP SCHOOL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY 13,920  [Cal Poly]
W2DSC SCHOOL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY 6,566  [NYU]
K2GXT SCHOOL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY 6,440  [RIT]
K0VVY SCHOOL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY 3,854  [South Dakota SM]
W1KBN SCHOOL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY 1,176  [Northeastern]
KF5DIR SCHOOL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY 616  unk
W0EEE SCHOOL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY 539  [U Missouri Rolla]
W8SH SCHOOL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY 330  [Michigan State]
ON4HTI SCHOOL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY/DX 18  [Polytech Univ. Osted Belgium]

John...
WB4LNM