[K4RY] Scheduling for School Club Roundup this week

wb4lnm at aol.com wb4lnm at aol.com
Sun Feb 13 10:09:58 CST 2011

The participation times for the School Club Roundup are ruled by the following:

"The Winter/Spring term event is Monday through Friday of the second full school week of February beginning at 1300 UTC and ending at 2400 UTC You may operate no more than 6 hours out of 24 and you may not count more than a total of 24 hours."

Translating, it means the window opens at 6 AM CST Monday and runs through 6 PM CST Friday, a 108 hour window.  A station can operate at any time during that with the not more than 6 hours in any 24 provision.

I will be on campus portions of Monday and Thursday of this week as I look at the calendar right now, and will operate on a non-interference basis to anyone else who wants to operate on those days.  As suggested, I think it would be good for club members to operate during the normal club meeting time of ~3-5 PM on Thursday.

Please drop me an email here indicating when you would like for the station to be open so that you can operate.  If you are not yet licensed and want to operate while another ham is there, let me know that, too, so we can try to make provisions for that.  Primers on transceiver operation can also be worked in, I think.

All the equipment was working the last time I tried it on HF.

Thanks and 73

John...
WB4LNM

Sunday morning 1000 CST