[K4RY] Hamfest purchase suggestion

wb4lnm at aol.com wb4lnm at aol.com
Wed Aug 17 12:14:47 CDT 2011

Kyle (El AUARC Presidente);

Might be a very good idea to have the club purchase a dual band 2m/440 antenna at the Hamfest on Saturday in Huntsville.

This could immediately replace the J-Pole with much improved performance and reliability.  Would add 440 coverage we don't now have.

If the Jetstream JTB3 is available, it is about the least expensive of that grouping.  See:  http://www.jetstream-usa.com/base.shtml

They seem to run in the $70 range.  The current coaxial connection to the roof can then be used for both bands to the dual band transceiver.

I'm pretty sure it has an internal duplexer for the two bands.

73

John...
WB4LNM