[K4RY] EchoLink app on Android

wb4lnm at aol.com wb4lnm at aol.com
Mon Oct 4 22:56:06 CDT 2010

For those of you who wisely chose Android phones :)  , I'm pleased to relay that an EchoLink client is now available as an application for that phone.

This allows you to make an Echolink connection from your phone to ANY Echolink connected amateur radio station / repeater in the world.  Thus, you can sit in your apartment / dorm / double-wide trailer and use your Android phone to talk to another ham in Sydney, Prague, Sao Paulo, or even Huntsville!  Use is limited to licensed amateur radio operators only (any class of license is fine).

The link and instructions for use can be found at:  http://www.echolink.org/faq_android.htm

I've downloaded it, but have not yet tried it.  Something new and different for Tuesday.  Time to get K4RY on EchoLink!

73

John...
WB4LNM