No subject

Fri May 28 11:15:13 CDT 2010

"As you are aware from previous postings here, the Auburn University Amate=
ur Radio Club, K4RY, will be participating in the Southeastern Conference=
 University Amateur Radio Clubs special event this coming Saturday morning=
.  For the first time, all SEC university amateur radio clubs will be maki=
ng contacts be on the air in the hours preceding the SEC Championship Foot=
ball Game in Atlanta.  This activity takes on extraordinary importance to=
 our institution and Club since Auburn is now rated #1 in the BCS ratings.

In expectation of this event, I am very pleased to announce that the Aubur=
n University Amateur Radio Club, K4RY, has requested and had approved the=
 use of the Special Events callsign, W1E, phonetics "War One Eagle" for it=
s use prior to, during, and for a short time after the SEC University Club=
s special event.  This callsign has been approved by the American Radio Re=
lay League Volunteer Examiners who are authorized by the United States Fed=
eral Communications Commission to approve Special Event callsign requests.=
  Operation under the callsign "W1E" is authorized to the Auburn Universit=
y Amateur Radio Club between now and roughly one week after the SEC event.=
  It is a federally-approved callsign that will be used in lieu of K4RY du=
ring this period. =20

I hope that everyone who is licensed and associated with the Club takes th=
e opportunity to come by the 'shack' in Broun Hall 411 prior to the game=
 and makes a couple of contacts.  Although we will be operating primarily=
 on 40 and 20 meters, in this case the 'field-day' rules apply, so an oper=
ator with ANY amateur radio license class may operate voice on the high-fr=
equency bands.  We expect the station to be open around 9 AM Saturday, and=
 operation will commence soon afterwards.  Watch here on the reflector for=
 more details.  A special full-color QSL card commemorating the event with=
 the authorized W1E callsign is being coordinated with the University to=
 allow us to confirm our contacts with other stations after the event."

----------MB_8CD5F7B33511151_1B4C_24877_webmail-d048.sysops.aol.com

an class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font-family: tahoma, arial, 'nimbus=
 sans l', sans-serif; font-size: small; ">From Dr. Hung, KI4NHX, faculty=
 advisor:</span>
 'nimbus sans l', sans-serif; font-size: small; "><br>

 'nimbus sans l', sans-serif; font-size: small; ">"As you are aware from=
 will be participating in the Southeastern Conference University Amateur=
 Radio Clubs special event this coming Saturday morning. &nbsp;For the fir=
st time, all SEC university amateur radio clubs will be making contacts be=
 on the air in the hours preceding the SEC Championship Football Game in=
 Atlanta. &nbsp;This activity takes on extraordinary importance to our ins=
titution and Club since Auburn is now rated #1 in the BCS ratings.</span><=
span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font-family: tahoma, arial, 'nimb=
us sans l', sans-serif; font-size: small; "><br style=3D"font-size: small;=
 font-family: tahoma, arial, 'nimbus sans l', sans-serif; "></span><span=
 class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font-family: tahoma, arial, 'nimbus=
 sans l', sans-serif; font-size: small; "><br style=3D"font-size: small;=
 font-family: tahoma, arial, 'nimbus sans l', sans-serif; "></span><span=
 class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font-family: tahoma, arial, 'nimbus=
 sans l', sans-serif; font-size: small; ">In expectation of this event, I=
 am very pleased to announce that the Auburn University Amateur Radio Club=
, K4RY, has requested and had approved the use of the Special Events calls=
ign, W1E, phonetics "War One Eagle" for its use prior to, during, and for=
 a short time after the SEC University Clubs special event. &nbsp;This cal=
lsign has been approved by the American Radio Relay League Volunteer Exami=
ners who are authorized by the United States Federal Communications Commis=
sion to approve Special Event callsign requests. &nbsp;Operation under the=
 callsign "W1E" is authorized to the Auburn University Amateur Radio Club=
 between now and roughly one week after the SEC event. &nbsp;It is a feder=
ally-approved callsign that will be used in lieu of K4RY during this perio=
d. &nbsp;</span><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font-family: tah=
oma, arial, 'nimbus sans l', sans-serif; font-size: small; "><br style=3D"=
font-size: small; font-family: tahoma, arial, 'nimbus sans l', sans-serif;=
 "></span><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font-family: tahoma,=
 arial, 'nimbus sans l', sans-serif; font-size: small; "><br style=3D"font=
-size: small; font-family: tahoma, arial, 'nimbus sans l', sans-serif; "><=
/span><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font-family: tahoma, arial=
, 'nimbus sans l', sans-serif; font-size: small; ">I hope that everyone wh=
o is licensed and associated with the Club takes the opportunity to come=
 by the 'shack' in Broun Hall 411 prior to the game and makes a couple of=
 contacts. &nbsp;Although we will be operating primarily on 40 and 20 mete=
rs, in this case the 'field-day' rules apply, so an operator with ANY amat=
eur radio license class may operate voice on the high-frequency bands. &nb=
sp;We expect the station to be open around 9 AM Saturday, and operation wi=
ll commence soon afterwards. &nbsp;Watch here on the reflector for more de=
tails. &nbsp;A special full-color QSL card commemorating the event with th=
e authorized W1E callsign is being coordinated with the University to allo=
w us to confirm our contacts with other stations after the event."</span><=
br>

----------MB_8CD5F7B33511151_1B4C_24877_webmail-d048.sysops.aol.com--