[K4RY] February School Club Roundup results posted

wb4lnm at aol.com wb4lnm at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 10:46:35 CDT 2010

Hi All;

Below are the results from the February 2010, School Club Roundup contest.

I've added the school name tags on the end of the results.

Since I've been following this contest for a couple of years, some observations:

- There are significantly more participants in the university class (2-3 for a LONG time)
- The traditional 'big gun' SCR schools (Stanford, Rochester, etc.) were no shows
- Two other SEC schools this time.  Time for an 'SEC challenge' within SCR?
- The top school is typically significantly ahead of the #2 entrant.  Alumni? Internet?

Next contest: October 18-22.  This is between the Arkansas and LSU football game weekends.

Both of these are home games.  I'd like to provide a good entry from Auburn and have some ideas.

Any interest?

We will need some effort to expand the station for that (additional antenna, logging computers, etc.)

73 and War Eagle!

Klink...
WB4LNM

1 W7ASU 383842 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY [Arizona State University]
2 W6RFU 130,295 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY [UC Santa Barbara]
3 WD5AGO 89,022 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY ?? Oklahoma ??
4 W9HHX 67252 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY [Milwaukee Sch of Eng]
5 W7YH 46992 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY [Washington S U ARC]
6 W1YK 22,400 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY [WPI]
7 W5YM 15,345 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY [U Arkansas] [SEC]
8 KC5ORO 13,716 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY [New Mexico Tech]
9 KB3CVD 12320 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY [U Md Baltimore]
10 K4PCC 10,976 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY [Pitt Comm College]
11 K2GXT 8,364 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY[Rochester IT]
12 K5LSU 7200 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY [LSU] [SEC]
13 W4BUC 2014 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY [East Tenn S U]
14 W2DSC 1,288 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY [NYU]
1 ON4HTI 27090 COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY/DX [Poly Tech Ostend (Belgium)]