[K4RY] AUARC Remote control HF radio project

wb4lnm at aol.com wb4lnm at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 08:21:09 CDT 2010

Good morning all;

At last weeks meeting, I'd mentioned as a project having a remotely accessible HF transceiver for K4RY / AUARC full members.  I'm gathering some brief links that describe that sort of thing below, which I hope will be of interest to Club members.

Excellent web page that shows how the student club at Rochester Institute of Technology set up this same thing:

http://www.rit.edu/~w-k2gxt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57:remote-controlled-ts-2000-amateur-radio&catid=43:remote-controlled-ts-2000-amateur-radio&Itemid=61

A ten-year old article, but it covers the basics.  A lot of things have been made easier, now:

 http://www.w4mq.com/wyatt.pdf

Software options:

http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Software/Radio_Control/

TenTec Omni-6