[K4RY] Marked up AUARC C&B draft document

Keith Warren kowarren at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 17 17:39:57 CDT 2010

OK , now that I am officially kicked out of the club I have removed my
low power APRS computer and LCD monitor from the radio room . It makes
no sense for me to devote that significant a resource to a place where I
can no longer materially participate.

I apologize for benefitting from my past unauthorized membership in the
club , so many benefits.... like troubleshooting and repairing the
repeaters, helping to put together exhibits for E-Day, spending mosquito
filled nights operating Field Day, representing the club by teaching the
Radio Merit Badge course for the Boy Scouts held annually at AU, helping
to buy and install antennas on Haley Center, many hours spent helping
students install mobile rigs and packet setups in their cars, and
helping students find good deals at hamfests.

Like the saying goes “ No good deed goes unpunished “

But I suppose I don’t have a “current” relationship to the University
even though my son & daughter’s tuition bill last year was over $12K .

I have been invited to present seminars at AU on Solid State Sensor
Design, and have substituted classes for EE Professors, and have helped
the AUSSP CubeSat and Balloon groups, but I guess my mistake was that I
did not profit off my relationship with students by being an Adjunct
Faculty, but instead my instruction and advice was given free of charge.

Actually , I do agree with the changes being made in the club charter.
It should be a student club , not a bunch of “old guys”, alums or
whatever .
I do have to wonder about the timing of these changes though.....

My involvement with the AUARC over the past 13 years has been fun, and I
will remember it fondly, but I’m done with that now.

Also, let me be clear that I will always help students with their
projects and antenna tuning , troubleshooting, etc. They know where to
find me.

73,
Keith Warren
AK4KO