[K4RY] Marked up AUARC C&B draft document

John Hung hungjoh at auburn.edu
Thu Apr 15 00:42:59 CDT 2010

Hey gang,

Thanks to Klink for working on the constitution and bylaws.  I have just
a few suggestions and questions:

1. Is it possible to put a title with each Article number, e.g. "Article
II. Purpose"  By the time I got down to Article X I was getting little
woozy.

2. At one of the university's organization meetings, I recall that the
name "Auburn University" is restricted -- some trademark/legal/liability
issues. So we should change the name to something else, like "War Eagle
Amateur Radio Club" or "Tiger ARC".  Something uniquely AU, but not
saying Amateur Radio. I think we can even say "AU Amateur...", but not
"Auburn University..."

3. I am a little cloudy about the status of alumni, emeritus faculty,
good friends like Klink and Keith, etc.  Can someone illuminate me?
Should we create an "nonorary" membership category, with similar
privileges as "limited"?

Best regards,

John Hung
(15 weeks till I return from Taiwan.)

>>> <WB4LNM at aol.com> 04/09/10 4:41 PM >>>
All;

Attached is a Word file with my suggestions for an updated constitution
and
 by laws for AUARC.  The current set is about 11 years old, and needs
some
serious updating.  Yes, some of the things I'm suggesting are sort of
strange, but its experience from being in other radio clubs before.
Plus,
there are some unusual University rules to follow.

We should set aside a brief period next week (15 April) to discuss
further
changes, agree on those changes, and then vote on acceptance (or not) of

these  at our meeting on 22 April.

I am hoping that the attachment will go through the email reflector.
If
it does not, perhaps someone can post it internally somewhere on the
auburn.edu domain for others to pull down.  Not sure I know how to do
that.

73

Klink...
WB4LNM