[K4RY] An update on the AUARC Icom IC-207 dual-band transceiver

WB4LNM at aol.com WB4LNM at aol.com
Sat Apr 10 16:11:47 CDT 2010

An update on the AUARC Icom IC-207 dual-band transceiver repair:

Earlier this afternoon, I reassembled the transceiver with the RF power
module whose conductor tracks had been repaired at the microelectronic level
by  Keith, AK4KO.  After reinstalling the power module (this time with the
proper heat sink compound that Icom left out) the radio came right back up
like  new.  The power out is right on spec sheet levels for the low (5W),
mid-low  (10W), mid-high (20W), and high (50W) power output levels on 2 meters
at 13.8  VDC.  I've also checked the modulation and it sounds clean from the
microphone on a local receiver, as do all the DTMF keypad tones.

So, I'll get this back to the K4RY shack on my next trip into town, not
later than Thursday as the schedule shows right now.  I may take the step  of
installing some Anderson PowerPole connectors on the DC supply leads before
bringing it back, since I'd suggest the Club standardize on those for its
13.8  VDC equipment interconnects.  I have added some self-stick rubber
button  feet to keep the transceiver from sliding around on the desk since I
don't think  we have a mounting bracket.  Having this back up and running will
allow us  to access both K4RY AUARC repeaters on Haley Center from Broun Hall
411, as well  as other local repeaters when we get an external dual-band
antenna.

Have a good week.  I'll see everyone Thursday at 12:30 if not  before.
Keep the repeater busy!

73

Klink...
WB4LNM