[K4RY] Status of the I-GATE?

WB4LNM at aol.com WB4LNM at aol.com
Thu Aug 20 19:15:00 CDT 2009

Hi Mike;

I think that Keith probably knows the answer to that question.    I do not
know if the equipment for the iGate is still out in the solar house or  not.
 Additionally, maybe Jimmy will see our messages and chime in as to  the
whereabouts.  I think he mentioned on Facebook that this is his last  semester
at AU.

I was in K4RY today.  There is a dual band VHF/UHF radio in there, but  the
line running in from the roof is unmarked as to what is outside. I was
able to raise the UHF repeater on Haley Center with an indoor antenna on the
aforementioned VHF/UHF radio, but curiously, not the VHF.  I did not check
afterwards from the car radio to see if it had a problem or not.

A good APRS digipeater is sorely needed in the area at a good  altitude.

73

John...
WB4LNM