[Innovators] Innovator meeting on 10/16 @ 4 pm -- https://auburn.zoom.us/j/88476054974

Richard Sesek rfs0006 at auburn.edu
Thu Oct 15 17:51:22 CDT 2020

Innovators,

Just a friendly reminder that this Friday (tomorrow), we will meet at 4 pm.  If you are free and would like to join us, please bring a creative mindset and willingness to collaborate and help your peers.

The agenda for this Friday has been altered slightly to accommodate OSE Faculty that may be joining us at the beginning of our meeting :

  1.  OSE Innovation Workshop — we will be hosting an OSE-themed virtual innovation workshop in the next few months. We would like feedback regarding the planned structure for this event (the structure is still developing and your feedback is important). The event will involve businesses and students and the solving of real-world problems (presented by Rich, Mark, AJ, Murray, Bob).
  2.  Discussion of features that could/should be available on an app that helps determine the most effective (in terms of noise reduction, cost-effectiveness, practicality, user acceptance, etc.) hearing protection devices for persons subjected to noise (presented by Jessica, Ravinder, Rich).
  3.  Group feedback on how best to restart the innovation group in the age of covid.
  4.  Your invention/innovation ideas.

I am willing to stay longer to “save the world and solve all of the problems,” but I want to punch through the list above in 1 hour or less.
Here is the link:
https://auburn.zoom.us/j/88476054974

Hope that you can join us.

Rich

“Over-time period” for those wishing to stay longer:

What to do with a car that costs more to fix than it is worth in working condition.

Thoughts on Foosball and innovation — Dr. Schulz (FHWS in Germany) wants to make Auburn the epicenter of USA Foosball progressing gradually to tournaments with up to 40 tables (I will share details on how he envisions that might happen). He has some wealthy friends that own companies that could provide much of what we would need to get started.

Previously, Bob and I had many ideas related to tech and foosball that could be applied in other fields and domains. Many are particularly relevant now in the age of covid (i.e., sharing experiences in a low social-contact manner). The spirit of this concept is to bring people together. The president of the ITSF (International Table Soccer Federation) thinks that a club/organization is the way to begin. The ITSF president could provide some support in a variety of ways (tables, visits by professionals, etc.). We can discuss after the regular meeting.

—
Richard Sesek, PhD, MPH, CPE
Tim Cook Associate Professor
Industrial & Systems Engineering